That’s living all right!
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys. The district came seventh in Channel 4 s Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey. Channel 4 s website says: South Cambridg
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys.
The district came seventh in Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey.
Channel 4's website says: "South Cambridgeshire has been a fixture in our top 10 for the past three years, and it's not hard to see why.
"As well as being slap bang in the middle of miles of uninterrupted open countryside, it's also a gateway to the centuries of history and culture offered by Cambridge city.
You may also want to watch:
"If it's peace and quiet you're looking for, there are few better choices."
In the same week, SouthCambridgeshire came 11th in the Halifax Quality of Life Survey.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
Quality of life, house prices, health, and education were among the categories that the district was assessed under.
Councillor Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "These surveys show what we already know - South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live.
"With challenging issues on the future agenda, however, we cannot afford to be complacent.
"As a district council we will continue to work hard to ensure that our residents can carry on enjoying a good quality of life.