That’s living all right!
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys. The district came seventh in Channel 4 s Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey. Channel 4 s website says: South Cambridg
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys.
The district came seventh in Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey.
Channel 4's website says: "South Cambridgeshire has been a fixture in our top 10 for the past three years, and it's not hard to see why.
"As well as being slap bang in the middle of miles of uninterrupted open countryside, it's also a gateway to the centuries of history and culture offered by Cambridge city.
You may also want to watch:
"If it's peace and quiet you're looking for, there are few better choices."
In the same week, SouthCambridgeshire came 11th in the Halifax Quality of Life Survey.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Quality of life, house prices, health, and education were among the categories that the district was assessed under.
Councillor Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "These surveys show what we already know - South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live.
"With challenging issues on the future agenda, however, we cannot afford to be complacent.
"As a district council we will continue to work hard to ensure that our residents can carry on enjoying a good quality of life.