That’s living all right!
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys. The district came seventh in Channel 4 s Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey. Channel 4 s website says: South Cambridg
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys.
The district came seventh in Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey.
Channel 4's website says: "South Cambridgeshire has been a fixture in our top 10 for the past three years, and it's not hard to see why.
"As well as being slap bang in the middle of miles of uninterrupted open countryside, it's also a gateway to the centuries of history and culture offered by Cambridge city.
"If it's peace and quiet you're looking for, there are few better choices."
In the same week, SouthCambridgeshire came 11th in the Halifax Quality of Life Survey.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Quality of life, house prices, health, and education were among the categories that the district was assessed under.
Councillor Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "These surveys show what we already know - South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live.
"With challenging issues on the future agenda, however, we cannot afford to be complacent.
"As a district council we will continue to work hard to ensure that our residents can carry on enjoying a good quality of life.