That’s living all right!
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys. The district came seventh in Channel 4 s Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey. Channel 4 s website says: South Cambridg
SOUTH Cambridgeshire has been voted one of the best places to live in the country in two national surveys.
The district came seventh in Channel 4's Location, Location, Location Best and Worst Place to Live survey.
Channel 4's website says: "South Cambridgeshire has been a fixture in our top 10 for the past three years, and it's not hard to see why.
"As well as being slap bang in the middle of miles of uninterrupted open countryside, it's also a gateway to the centuries of history and culture offered by Cambridge city.
"If it's peace and quiet you're looking for, there are few better choices."
In the same week, SouthCambridgeshire came 11th in the Halifax Quality of Life Survey.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
Quality of life, house prices, health, and education were among the categories that the district was assessed under.
Councillor Ray Manning, leader of South Cambridgeshire District Council, said: "These surveys show what we already know - South Cambridgeshire is a great place to live.
"With challenging issues on the future agenda, however, we cannot afford to be complacent.
"As a district council we will continue to work hard to ensure that our residents can carry on enjoying a good quality of life.