Thanks for your support
ROYSTON firefighters would like to say a big thank you for the magnificent support you have shown us in our campaign to Save The Royston Five. We have been fighting against the proposal by Hertfordshire County Council to downgrade Royston Fire Station fro
ROYSTON firefighters would like to say a big thank you for the magnificent support you have shown us in our campaign to Save The Royston Five.
We have been fighting against the proposal by Hertfordshire County Council to downgrade Royston Fire Station from full-day crewing to partial day crewing, a proposal that could reduce whole-time fire cover by more than 40 per cent.
More than 6,000 local people signed a petition we handed in last month, which shows the depth of feeling in the area against these proposals.
We now need you to go one step further and write to the county council, saying that you object to these proposals.
You may also want to watch:
You can get a pre-written letter from the website: www.savetheroyston5.co.uk.
You can also call Sub-officer Pete Chapman on 01763 220648 and leave your details.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
We are now in the final stage of this campaign, building up to the vote on the proposals by county councillors at the end of February.
Now is the time we must show them that we do care, so please make a New Year's resolution to help your local firefighters.
It will be one of the easiest ones to keep and it will make a big difference.
Once again, thank you, and remember to check your smoke alarm.