Thanks for your support
ROYSTON firefighters would like to say a big thank you for the magnificent support you have shown us in our campaign to Save The Royston Five. We have been fighting against the proposal by Hertfordshire County Council to downgrade Royston Fire Station fro
ROYSTON firefighters would like to say a big thank you for the magnificent support you have shown us in our campaign to Save The Royston Five.
We have been fighting against the proposal by Hertfordshire County Council to downgrade Royston Fire Station from full-day crewing to partial day crewing, a proposal that could reduce whole-time fire cover by more than 40 per cent.
More than 6,000 local people signed a petition we handed in last month, which shows the depth of feeling in the area against these proposals.
We now need you to go one step further and write to the county council, saying that you object to these proposals.
You may also want to watch:
You can get a pre-written letter from the website: www.savetheroyston5.co.uk.
You can also call Sub-officer Pete Chapman on 01763 220648 and leave your details.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
We are now in the final stage of this campaign, building up to the vote on the proposals by county councillors at the end of February.
Now is the time we must show them that we do care, so please make a New Year's resolution to help your local firefighters.
It will be one of the easiest ones to keep and it will make a big difference.
Once again, thank you, and remember to check your smoke alarm.