Thief fined for stealing dental hygiene items worth nearly £500 from Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A thief has been ordered to pay a fine after swiping dental hygiene items from Royston’s Tesco Extra.
Stefan-tamango Leondraliu – from Rutland Road in Ilford, London – appeared via videolink at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday last week.
The 32-year-old admitted stealing what is described by the court as dental hygiene items to the value of £467.75, belonging to Tesco – contrary to section 1(1) and 7 of the Theft Act 1968.
He also had an article for use in the course of, or in connection with, the theft – a foil-lined bag.
The incident took place the day before his case was heard.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the bench Nicholas Moss fined Leondraliu £80, and he must also pay a surcharge of £34 to fund victim services and £85 in court costs.
He must pay the total of £199 by October 28.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
His guilty plea was taken into account when imposing sentence.