Thief fined for stealing dental hygiene items worth nearly £500 from Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A thief has been ordered to pay a fine after swiping dental hygiene items from Royston’s Tesco Extra.
Stefan-tamango Leondraliu – from Rutland Road in Ilford, London – appeared via videolink at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday last week.
The 32-year-old admitted stealing what is described by the court as dental hygiene items to the value of £467.75, belonging to Tesco – contrary to section 1(1) and 7 of the Theft Act 1968.
He also had an article for use in the course of, or in connection with, the theft – a foil-lined bag.
The incident took place the day before his case was heard.
Chairman of the bench Nicholas Moss fined Leondraliu £80, and he must also pay a surcharge of £34 to fund victim services and £85 in court costs.
He must pay the total of £199 by October 28.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
His guilty plea was taken into account when imposing sentence.