Thief fined for stealing dental hygiene items worth nearly £500 from Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A thief has been ordered to pay a fine after swiping dental hygiene items from Royston’s Tesco Extra.
Stefan-tamango Leondraliu – from Rutland Road in Ilford, London – appeared via videolink at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday last week.
The 32-year-old admitted stealing what is described by the court as dental hygiene items to the value of £467.75, belonging to Tesco – contrary to section 1(1) and 7 of the Theft Act 1968.
He also had an article for use in the course of, or in connection with, the theft – a foil-lined bag.
The incident took place the day before his case was heard.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the bench Nicholas Moss fined Leondraliu £80, and he must also pay a surcharge of £34 to fund victim services and £85 in court costs.
He must pay the total of £199 by October 28.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
His guilty plea was taken into account when imposing sentence.