Thief fined for stealing dental hygiene items worth nearly £500 from Royston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A thief has been ordered to pay a fine after swiping dental hygiene items from Royston’s Tesco Extra.
Stefan-tamango Leondraliu – from Rutland Road in Ilford, London – appeared via videolink at Hatfield Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday last week.
The 32-year-old admitted stealing what is described by the court as dental hygiene items to the value of £467.75, belonging to Tesco – contrary to section 1(1) and 7 of the Theft Act 1968.
He also had an article for use in the course of, or in connection with, the theft – a foil-lined bag.
The incident took place the day before his case was heard.
Chairman of the bench Nicholas Moss fined Leondraliu £80, and he must also pay a surcharge of £34 to fund victim services and £85 in court costs.
He must pay the total of £199 by October 28.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
His guilty plea was taken into account when imposing sentence.