Tesco store comes to the town with a launch party
- Credit: Archant
A Tesco convenience store will open its doors in Royston on Tuesday, with an official launch party laid on.
The grocery giant have recruited 21 members of staff to work in the Express store in Market Hill.
Store manager Heather Townsend said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive.
“There were so many great applicants which made the decision very tough when it came to selecting the successful 21.”
The shop will have a free cash machine, National Lottery counter, mobile phone top-up facility, self-service tills, Click & Collect and bakery.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteer fundraisers Pat and Brian Johnson from Royston and District Community Transport will be presented with a cheque for £500 from Tesco as part of the supermarket giant’s drive to serve the local community.
Store opening hours will be seven days a week, from 7am until 11pm Monday to Saturday and from 8am to 9pm on Sunday.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash