Tesco sets up shop in Royston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A goodwill charity gesture marked the opening of a new Tesco Express store in Royston at its official launch yesterday.
A £500 cheque was presented at the unveiling in Market Hill to Royston & District Community Transport driver Brian Johnson, to go towards a wheelchair accessible minibus.
Brian said: “Our old vehicle is coming to the end of its days, and we badly needed urgent donations to fulfil the amount required for a replacement bus. We are delighted with this cheque”
The supermarket giant has recruited 21 members of staff from the town, and manager Heather Townsend said she was excited about the opening.
She said: “We want to feel that we are part of the Royston scene. The new store will provide a service and convenience for the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
David and Judith Sherry, who live locally, said: “This is an asset to the town.
“We use the main out of town store on a regular basis, and this will be handy as a top up outlet to our main weekly shop.”
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing