Tesco sets up shop in Royston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A goodwill charity gesture marked the opening of a new Tesco Express store in Royston at its official launch yesterday.
A £500 cheque was presented at the unveiling in Market Hill to Royston & District Community Transport driver Brian Johnson, to go towards a wheelchair accessible minibus.
Brian said: “Our old vehicle is coming to the end of its days, and we badly needed urgent donations to fulfil the amount required for a replacement bus. We are delighted with this cheque”
The supermarket giant has recruited 21 members of staff from the town, and manager Heather Townsend said she was excited about the opening.
She said: “We want to feel that we are part of the Royston scene. The new store will provide a service and convenience for the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
David and Judith Sherry, who live locally, said: “This is an asset to the town.
“We use the main out of town store on a regular basis, and this will be handy as a top up outlet to our main weekly shop.”
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend