Tesco sets up shop in Royston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A goodwill charity gesture marked the opening of a new Tesco Express store in Royston at its official launch yesterday.
A £500 cheque was presented at the unveiling in Market Hill to Royston & District Community Transport driver Brian Johnson, to go towards a wheelchair accessible minibus.
Brian said: “Our old vehicle is coming to the end of its days, and we badly needed urgent donations to fulfil the amount required for a replacement bus. We are delighted with this cheque”
The supermarket giant has recruited 21 members of staff from the town, and manager Heather Townsend said she was excited about the opening.
She said: “We want to feel that we are part of the Royston scene. The new store will provide a service and convenience for the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
David and Judith Sherry, who live locally, said: “This is an asset to the town.
“We use the main out of town store on a regular basis, and this will be handy as a top up outlet to our main weekly shop.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double