Tesco confirms Royston employees test positive for COVID-19
- Credit: Archant
A number of Tesco workers in Royston have tested positive for coronavirus, the retailer has confirmed to the Crow.
It is believed the amount of staff self-isolating after positive tests is over 10 but this has not been confirmed.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “A small number of colleagues at our Royston Extra store have tested positive for COVID-19.
“Their close contacts have been informed. The safety of our colleagues, customers and suppliers remains our number one priority and we are working with local public health authorities, following all government guidance and taking the relevant precautions.
“We have extensive measures across all of our stores to help keep everyone safe, including protective screens at every checkout, social distancing signage and regular cleaning.”
You may also want to watch:
According to the Office for National Statistics, there were 198 cases of the virus in North Herts between November 7 and November 13, up 54 from the previous week.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash