Tesco community champion spreads Christmas cheer in Royston and Litlington
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s Tesco Extra community champion has been out and about spreading Christmas cheer.
On one of Mandy Jinkerson’s many festive adventures this month, she went to Litlington Pre-School to enjoy a morning making Christmas baubles.
Mandy told the Crow: “We made snowmen, elves and Christmas puddings! Each child was able to take them home to hang on their tree. The children finished off the morning by singing Christmas carols.”
She also visited Age UK’s 10-3 Club in Royston where members were all given a hamper of Christmas goodies.
Mandy said: “I visit this group on a regular basis where we play bingo and other games. Everyone was delighted with their hampers and are looking forward to sampling them.”
You may also want to watch:
Mandy also held a Christmas activity morning at Royston’s Old Barn day centre where she made chocolate sleighs with the elderly guests.
She added: “The group had fun assembling the chocolate and we tied each one with ribbon and decorated them with gold coins. We even made enough for any members that weren’t there on the day!”
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches