Tell us your stories when you pop in to our difference drop-in in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
October brings us Make a Difference Day, a national campaign which aims to get more people involved in volunteering.
This year the Volunteer Centre is celebrating its 20th year supporting volunteering in the local community, and we have seen a year on year increase in people coming to us wanting to find out about how they can get involved.
Without volunteers coming forward to help local organisations, run clubs and societies and support local events we would not have the vibrant community that we live in.
We would like to celebrate Make a Difference Day 2015 by showcasing the benefits that volunteering brings to peoples’ lives and would love you to tell us your volunteering story.
You may also want to watch:
Why do you volunteer, what made you get started and what difference does volunteering make to your life?
We would really like to find out the answers to those questions and would value your help with our research.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
If you could spare a few minutes of your time to tell us how volunteering enhances your life, come along to our Make A Difference Day Drop-In at Royston Volunteer Centre on Wednesday, October 21.
We will be open from 1pm to 3pm for you to pop for a cuppa or a coffee and tell us about your experiences.
If you’re busy that day, don’t worry – you can still get involved.
We have also put together a short questionnaire to capture your information which you can complete and return to us by email.
You can find the Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk