Tell us a story
IT’S time for local people to get creative – because a story writing competition is being launched as part of Royston Arts Festival.
For the second year running Royston and District Writer’s Circle are running the Story on a Postcard competition, which will be open to all, with entry free and prizes available.
There are three rules to remember for the competition. The stories must have a beginning, middle and an end, they must fit on the side of a postcard and they must have the theme as this year’s festival, ‘Who R U,’ which can be interpreted however the writer wishes.
The competition is open to anyone, and each person can submit as many entries as they like. The entries will be divided into three age groups – up to 11 years, 12 to18 years and 18 years and above.
There will be a special post-box that will take entries in the Royston Town Library in Market Hill from September 18, and members of the writer’s circle will be on hand to provide pens and postcards between 10am and 4pm on September 25.
You may also want to watch:
All entries will be displayed in the library until the October 2, then local best selling author Sarah Harrison leading the judging panel.
Prizes of �25 for the best story in each category will be made courtesy of the Royston Arts Festival committee, and the first and second place stories in each category will be displayed in Royston library and appear online.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
For more information visit www.roystonwriterscircle.co.uk, or email email@example.com.