Teenagers re-bailed over Royston death crash
TWO teenagers were re-bailed yesterday (Monday) in relation to a fatal Royston collision where a 16-year-old boy died.
James Clennell, of Benington, died after the Citroen Saxo he was travelling in overturned on Melbourn Street, striking a set of traffic lights, before hitting a brick wall and writing off a delivery vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after being treated by paramedics at the scene.
A 17-year-old from Royston and an 18-year-old from Hertford have been re-bailed until October 2 and 3 respectively.
Police reports claim the Saxo, and another vehicle, were performing u-turns on the A505 and a chase ensued when the driver sped away after being signalled to stop by a marked patrol car at around 1am on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is probing the incident.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 8 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid