Teenagers re-bailed over Royston death crash
TWO teenagers were re-bailed yesterday (Monday) in relation to a fatal Royston collision where a 16-year-old boy died.
James Clennell, of Benington, died after the Citroen Saxo he was travelling in overturned on Melbourn Street, striking a set of traffic lights, before hitting a brick wall and writing off a delivery vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after being treated by paramedics at the scene.
A 17-year-old from Royston and an 18-year-old from Hertford have been re-bailed until October 2 and 3 respectively.
Police reports claim the Saxo, and another vehicle, were performing u-turns on the A505 and a chase ensued when the driver sped away after being signalled to stop by a marked patrol car at around 1am on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is probing the incident.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity