Teenagers re-bailed over Royston death crash
TWO teenagers were re-bailed yesterday (Monday) in relation to a fatal Royston collision where a 16-year-old boy died.
James Clennell, of Benington, died after the Citroen Saxo he was travelling in overturned on Melbourn Street, striking a set of traffic lights, before hitting a brick wall and writing off a delivery vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after being treated by paramedics at the scene.
A 17-year-old from Royston and an 18-year-old from Hertford have been re-bailed until October 2 and 3 respectively.
Police reports claim the Saxo, and another vehicle, were performing u-turns on the A505 and a chase ensued when the driver sped away after being signalled to stop by a marked patrol car at around 1am on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is probing the incident.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston