Teenagers re-bailed over Royston death crash
TWO teenagers were re-bailed yesterday (Monday) in relation to a fatal Royston collision where a 16-year-old boy died.
James Clennell, of Benington, died after the Citroen Saxo he was travelling in overturned on Melbourn Street, striking a set of traffic lights, before hitting a brick wall and writing off a delivery vehicle.
He was pronounced dead at Lister Hospital, Stevenage, after being treated by paramedics at the scene.
A 17-year-old from Royston and an 18-year-old from Hertford have been re-bailed until October 2 and 3 respectively.
Police reports claim the Saxo, and another vehicle, were performing u-turns on the A505 and a chase ensued when the driver sped away after being signalled to stop by a marked patrol car at around 1am on June 20.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Police Complaints Commission is probing the incident.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre