Teenager loses three teeth after being knocked unconscious in attack outside Chinese restaurant in Royston
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager was punched in the face outside a Chinese restaurant in Royston High Street.
The 19-year-old victim was knocked out in the attack, which happened between 2.30am and 2.45am on Sunday, August 21, outside Rasa Sayangs.
When he regained consciousness, he walked back to his home before contacting police and going to hospital.
Det Con Dave Lawson said: “This incident happened when the town centre was busy with revellers getting food following their nights out.
“The victim himself was seeking something to eat after enjoying his evening, but instead he was the victim of an unprovoked attack and the impact caused him to lose three teeth.
“I’m sure that there will have been witnesses to this attack and I’m urging anyone who saw what happened or anyone with information to come forward.”
Anyone with information should call police on non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G4/16/677.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or submit details via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.