Teenager arrested on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this morning on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and in connection with a burglary that took place in Queens Road on Tuesday.
He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station at the end of the month.
Two bags of cannabis and a quantity of cash were seized.
The arrest came as a result of information provided from a member of the public following a police appeal about the burglary. The appeal was sent out via Neighbourhood Watch’s Online Watch Link system – OWL.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was arrested by police from Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, assisted by officers from North Herts’ Operation Scorpion.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm