Teenager arrested on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this morning on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and in connection with a burglary that took place in Queens Road on Tuesday.
He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station at the end of the month.
Two bags of cannabis and a quantity of cash were seized.
The arrest came as a result of information provided from a member of the public following a police appeal about the burglary. The appeal was sent out via Neighbourhood Watch’s Online Watch Link system – OWL.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was arrested by police from Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, assisted by officers from North Herts’ Operation Scorpion.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation