Teenager arrested on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this morning on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and in connection with a burglary that took place in Queens Road on Tuesday.
He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station at the end of the month.
Two bags of cannabis and a quantity of cash were seized.
The arrest came as a result of information provided from a member of the public following a police appeal about the burglary. The appeal was sent out via Neighbourhood Watch’s Online Watch Link system – OWL.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was arrested by police from Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, assisted by officers from North Herts’ Operation Scorpion.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week