Teenager arrested on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this morning on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and in connection with a burglary that took place in Queens Road on Tuesday.
He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station at the end of the month.
Two bags of cannabis and a quantity of cash were seized.
The arrest came as a result of information provided from a member of the public following a police appeal about the burglary. The appeal was sent out via Neighbourhood Watch’s Online Watch Link system – OWL.
The teenager was arrested by police from Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, assisted by officers from North Herts’ Operation Scorpion.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'