Teenager arrested on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy was arrested this morning on suspicion of burglary and drugs offences in Royston.
The teenager was arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and in connection with a burglary that took place in Queens Road on Tuesday.
He has been released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage Police Station at the end of the month.
Two bags of cannabis and a quantity of cash were seized.
The arrest came as a result of information provided from a member of the public following a police appeal about the burglary. The appeal was sent out via Neighbourhood Watch’s Online Watch Link system – OWL.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was arrested by police from Royston Safer Neighbourhood Team, assisted by officers from North Herts’ Operation Scorpion.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'