Teams needed for charity swimathon
TEAMS for this year’s Rotary Club of Royston’s Charity Swimathon are being sought for the end of the month.
Organiser Tony Briar said: “This has always been a tremendous event and helps raise a lot of money for various charities.
“We are looking for teams to take part this year with the aim of them completing as many lengths as possible. The more lengths completed then the more money is raised,” he said.
Scheduled to take place on Sunday February 26 between 6-10pm at Royston Leisure Centre the event will see teams of six swimming in relay for a total of 55 minutes.
Teams will are urged to obtain sponsorship and this year the Rotary Club of Royston is supporting the Phoenix Group for Deaf Children and the Alzheimer’s Society and other charities.
You may also want to watch:
Last year 14 teams entered the event and raised more than �3,000 for charity.
To enter a team contact Tony Briar on 07834 353950 or e-mail email@example.com or visit the web site at roystonrotary.com/Club/Swimathon.htm
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?