Teams needed for charity swimathon
TEAMS for this year’s Rotary Club of Royston’s Charity Swimathon are being sought for the end of the month.
Organiser Tony Briar said: “This has always been a tremendous event and helps raise a lot of money for various charities.
“We are looking for teams to take part this year with the aim of them completing as many lengths as possible. The more lengths completed then the more money is raised,” he said.
Scheduled to take place on Sunday February 26 between 6-10pm at Royston Leisure Centre the event will see teams of six swimming in relay for a total of 55 minutes.
Teams will are urged to obtain sponsorship and this year the Rotary Club of Royston is supporting the Phoenix Group for Deaf Children and the Alzheimer’s Society and other charities.
You may also want to watch:
Last year 14 teams entered the event and raised more than �3,000 for charity.
To enter a team contact Tony Briar on 07834 353950 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the web site at roystonrotary.com/Club/Swimathon.htm
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'