Teams needed for charity swimathon
TEAMS for this year’s Rotary Club of Royston’s Charity Swimathon are being sought for the end of the month.
Organiser Tony Briar said: “This has always been a tremendous event and helps raise a lot of money for various charities.
“We are looking for teams to take part this year with the aim of them completing as many lengths as possible. The more lengths completed then the more money is raised,” he said.
Scheduled to take place on Sunday February 26 between 6-10pm at Royston Leisure Centre the event will see teams of six swimming in relay for a total of 55 minutes.
Teams will are urged to obtain sponsorship and this year the Rotary Club of Royston is supporting the Phoenix Group for Deaf Children and the Alzheimer’s Society and other charities.
You may also want to watch:
Last year 14 teams entered the event and raised more than �3,000 for charity.
To enter a team contact Tony Briar on 07834 353950 or e-mail email@example.com or visit the web site at roystonrotary.com/Club/Swimathon.htm
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 The bells are back in town!
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation