Teams needed for charity swimathon
TEAMS for this year’s Rotary Club of Royston’s Charity Swimathon are being sought for the end of the month.
Organiser Tony Briar said: “This has always been a tremendous event and helps raise a lot of money for various charities.
“We are looking for teams to take part this year with the aim of them completing as many lengths as possible. The more lengths completed then the more money is raised,” he said.
Scheduled to take place on Sunday February 26 between 6-10pm at Royston Leisure Centre the event will see teams of six swimming in relay for a total of 55 minutes.
Teams will are urged to obtain sponsorship and this year the Rotary Club of Royston is supporting the Phoenix Group for Deaf Children and the Alzheimer’s Society and other charities.
You may also want to watch:
Last year 14 teams entered the event and raised more than �3,000 for charity.
To enter a team contact Tony Briar on 07834 353950 or e-mail email@example.com or visit the web site at roystonrotary.com/Club/Swimathon.htm
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator