Team spirit to lift ladies racing for life
RUNNING shoes are to the ready for 10 members of staff from the Meridian School in Royston who are taking part in the Race for Life on Sunday. Teachers and admininstration staff will be doing the 5km course around Jesus Green and Midsummer Common in Cambr
RUNNING shoes are to the ready for 10 members of staff from the Meridian School in Royston who are taking part in the Race for Life on Sunday.
Teachers and admininstration staff will be doing the 5km course around Jesus Green and Midsummer Common in Cambridge to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
One of those taking part, Anne Brown, said: "We are really looking forward to it. To be doing it as a team is great."
The runners are hoping to each raise £100. Organiser Barbara Battom said: "We all are in training, ranging from sessions in the gym to long dog walks. We have done it several years running, but we have never got such a large team together before.
You may also want to watch:
"It's lovely because there's real team spirit."
Since Race for Life started in 1994, £947,524 has been raised
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
in Cambridge alone. This year's target is £180,000.
To sponsor the group visit www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/