Taxi! Classic car show returns to Barrington
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 classic cars and vehicles rolled up for a display to remember as Barrington Classic Show returned to the village.
The car show will be held on the first Friday of every month, with a fleet of fine classic vehicles parked on the green for people to marvel at and enjoy.
As well as regular visitors to Barrington, some more unusual newcomers were welcomed to the scene, supported by a good public turnout.
To celebrate his engagement, Darren Philips marked the milestone occasion by picking up a 1940 Chevrolet Master De Luxe, from Portsmouth – his first incursion into classic cars.
Classic vehicle collector Ben Hogan is renowned for producing exciting new editions to his already numerous collection, such as this rare 1958 Beardmore London taxi – pictured above – of which only 650 have been produced in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Joining the party regularly are a hardy band of Morris dancers which makes for an entertaining evening.
Classic car shows have been running in the village for more than 40 years.
- 1 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 9 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks