Taxi! Classic car show returns to Barrington
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 classic cars and vehicles rolled up for a display to remember as Barrington Classic Show returned to the village.
The car show will be held on the first Friday of every month, with a fleet of fine classic vehicles parked on the green for people to marvel at and enjoy.
As well as regular visitors to Barrington, some more unusual newcomers were welcomed to the scene, supported by a good public turnout.
To celebrate his engagement, Darren Philips marked the milestone occasion by picking up a 1940 Chevrolet Master De Luxe, from Portsmouth – his first incursion into classic cars.
Classic vehicle collector Ben Hogan is renowned for producing exciting new editions to his already numerous collection, such as this rare 1958 Beardmore London taxi – pictured above – of which only 650 have been produced in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Joining the party regularly are a hardy band of Morris dancers which makes for an entertaining evening.
Classic car shows have been running in the village for more than 40 years.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn