Taxi! Classic car show returns to Barrington
- Credit: Archant
More than 60 classic cars and vehicles rolled up for a display to remember as Barrington Classic Show returned to the village.
The car show will be held on the first Friday of every month, with a fleet of fine classic vehicles parked on the green for people to marvel at and enjoy.
As well as regular visitors to Barrington, some more unusual newcomers were welcomed to the scene, supported by a good public turnout.
To celebrate his engagement, Darren Philips marked the milestone occasion by picking up a 1940 Chevrolet Master De Luxe, from Portsmouth – his first incursion into classic cars.
Classic vehicle collector Ben Hogan is renowned for producing exciting new editions to his already numerous collection, such as this rare 1958 Beardmore London taxi – pictured above – of which only 650 have been produced in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Joining the party regularly are a hardy band of Morris dancers which makes for an entertaining evening.
Classic car shows have been running in the village for more than 40 years.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts