Tattooist to repay Japan
A TATTOOIST is to give something back to the country that has helped earn her living by holding a charity event.
Debbie Horabin of Armadillo Ink in Bassingbourn decided to organise a Tattoos for Japan day to raise money for the nation’s earthquake relief fund.
Debbie said: “Japanese art is extremely popular and has been the inspiration for so many tattoos I have done over the years, so organising this event is me giving a bit back.
“Tattooists all over the world have been talking on the internet about how we have made so much money from Japanese designs so quite a few of us have decided to do something about it and raise some money.
“I have more or less made a living from Japanese art, so putting a bit of money back was the least I could do for such a terrible disaster.”
Tattoos for Japan will be held on Saturday April 23 at the Armadillo Ink studio in Brook Orchard, Brook Road, Bassingbourn.
Debbie said that a range of attractions will be on offer, including discounted tattoos.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
“I have designed a range of tattoos about the size of a 50p that will be available for �20,” she said.
“I will tattoo all day and night as long as people are willing to donate to the cause. There will be an adult bouncy castle, refreshments and stalls too.”
If anyone is interested in holding a stall at the Tattoos for Japan day then they can contact Armadillo Ink by calling 01763 246472.
Donations are being taken for the Japanese Relief Fund at www.justgiving.com/debbie-horabin.