Tanks for the memory at Duxford
A LIVING history weekend is planned for Duxford Imperial War Museum in June. The event will explore life during the Second World War and include activities and demonstrations. The Second World War Weekend is a new event at the museum and will give visitor
A LIVING history weekend is planned for Duxford Imperial War Museum in June.
The event will explore life during the Second World War and include activities and demonstrations.
The Second World War Weekend is a new event at the museum and will give visitors an insight into what life was like during the dark years of the war.
In the authentic and evocative surroundings of Duxford - which was an RAF airfield during the war - visitors will be able to experience war-time food, music and dancing.
You may also want to watch:
For women there will be a display of war-time fashion and make-up demonstrations - and all visitors will be encouraged to come dressed in appropriate war-time attire. There will be prizes for the best-dressed.
Visitors will be able to try their hand at a wide range of activities from Lindy hopping to playing with war-time toys and games.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Varied talks will also take place throughout the weekend so that visitors can learn first hand about what life was like during the war for those that lived through it.
Alongside all the interactive activities and costumed characters, historic aircraft will grace the skies and perform short display sequences and a selection of military vehicles from Duxford's collection will demonstrate their power and versatility in the tank running arena.
The event will be taking place on June 3-4.
For more details visit the Duxford website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford