Tanks for the memory at Duxford
A LIVING history weekend is planned for Duxford Imperial War Museum in June. The event will explore life during the Second World War and include activities and demonstrations. The Second World War Weekend is a new event at the museum and will give visitor
A LIVING history weekend is planned for Duxford Imperial War Museum in June.
The event will explore life during the Second World War and include activities and demonstrations.
The Second World War Weekend is a new event at the museum and will give visitors an insight into what life was like during the dark years of the war.
In the authentic and evocative surroundings of Duxford - which was an RAF airfield during the war - visitors will be able to experience war-time food, music and dancing.
You may also want to watch:
For women there will be a display of war-time fashion and make-up demonstrations - and all visitors will be encouraged to come dressed in appropriate war-time attire. There will be prizes for the best-dressed.
Visitors will be able to try their hand at a wide range of activities from Lindy hopping to playing with war-time toys and games.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Varied talks will also take place throughout the weekend so that visitors can learn first hand about what life was like during the war for those that lived through it.
Alongside all the interactive activities and costumed characters, historic aircraft will grace the skies and perform short display sequences and a selection of military vehicles from Duxford's collection will demonstrate their power and versatility in the tank running arena.
The event will be taking place on June 3-4.
For more details visit the Duxford website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford