Tangent club celebrates 40 years
ONE of the most popular clubs in Royston celebrated a special anniversary last week.
Past and current members of the Royston Tangent Club gathered at the Old Bull Inn to mark 40 years.
In total, 25 members, including former chair Shirley Basham who had flown in from Spain specifically for the meeting, gathered to celebrate and reminisce.
They were joined by Jan Dowling, president of the National Association of Tangent Clubs, who gave a speech on her experiences and chosen charity – Ovarian Cancer Action, , while Royston Town Band played happy birthday.
Chair of Royston Tangent Club Rosemary Piggott said: “It was a pleasure to see so many old friends and learn about the Club in its earliest days.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening, Mrs Piggott handed over the chain of office to Helen Dean the incoming chair, wishing her well in her year.”
Royston Tangent Club is for women who are or have been wives or Royston Round Table members.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 10 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
Royston Ladies Circle, a club for women aged 18 to 45 who are often partners of those in the Round Table, has recently been reformed.
For more information on both groups call Mrs Piggott on 01223 874229.