Tangent club celebrates 40 years
ONE of the most popular clubs in Royston celebrated a special anniversary last week.
Past and current members of the Royston Tangent Club gathered at the Old Bull Inn to mark 40 years.
In total, 25 members, including former chair Shirley Basham who had flown in from Spain specifically for the meeting, gathered to celebrate and reminisce.
They were joined by Jan Dowling, president of the National Association of Tangent Clubs, who gave a speech on her experiences and chosen charity – Ovarian Cancer Action, , while Royston Town Band played happy birthday.
Chair of Royston Tangent Club Rosemary Piggott said: “It was a pleasure to see so many old friends and learn about the Club in its earliest days.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening, Mrs Piggott handed over the chain of office to Helen Dean the incoming chair, wishing her well in her year.”
Royston Tangent Club is for women who are or have been wives or Royston Round Table members.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
Royston Ladies Circle, a club for women aged 18 to 45 who are often partners of those in the Round Table, has recently been reformed.
For more information on both groups call Mrs Piggott on 01223 874229.