Tangent club celebrates 40 years
ONE of the most popular clubs in Royston celebrated a special anniversary last week.
Past and current members of the Royston Tangent Club gathered at the Old Bull Inn to mark 40 years.
In total, 25 members, including former chair Shirley Basham who had flown in from Spain specifically for the meeting, gathered to celebrate and reminisce.
They were joined by Jan Dowling, president of the National Association of Tangent Clubs, who gave a speech on her experiences and chosen charity – Ovarian Cancer Action, , while Royston Town Band played happy birthday.
Chair of Royston Tangent Club Rosemary Piggott said: “It was a pleasure to see so many old friends and learn about the Club in its earliest days.”
At the end of the evening, Mrs Piggott handed over the chain of office to Helen Dean the incoming chair, wishing her well in her year.”
Royston Tangent Club is for women who are or have been wives or Royston Round Table members.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
Royston Ladies Circle, a club for women aged 18 to 45 who are often partners of those in the Round Table, has recently been reformed.
For more information on both groups call Mrs Piggott on 01223 874229.