Tangent club celebrates 40 years
ONE of the most popular clubs in Royston celebrated a special anniversary last week.
Past and current members of the Royston Tangent Club gathered at the Old Bull Inn to mark 40 years.
In total, 25 members, including former chair Shirley Basham who had flown in from Spain specifically for the meeting, gathered to celebrate and reminisce.
They were joined by Jan Dowling, president of the National Association of Tangent Clubs, who gave a speech on her experiences and chosen charity – Ovarian Cancer Action, , while Royston Town Band played happy birthday.
Chair of Royston Tangent Club Rosemary Piggott said: “It was a pleasure to see so many old friends and learn about the Club in its earliest days.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening, Mrs Piggott handed over the chain of office to Helen Dean the incoming chair, wishing her well in her year.”
Royston Tangent Club is for women who are or have been wives or Royston Round Table members.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
Royston Ladies Circle, a club for women aged 18 to 45 who are often partners of those in the Round Table, has recently been reformed.
For more information on both groups call Mrs Piggott on 01223 874229.