Tangent club celebrates 40 years
ONE of the most popular clubs in Royston celebrated a special anniversary last week.
Past and current members of the Royston Tangent Club gathered at the Old Bull Inn to mark 40 years.
In total, 25 members, including former chair Shirley Basham who had flown in from Spain specifically for the meeting, gathered to celebrate and reminisce.
They were joined by Jan Dowling, president of the National Association of Tangent Clubs, who gave a speech on her experiences and chosen charity – Ovarian Cancer Action, , while Royston Town Band played happy birthday.
Chair of Royston Tangent Club Rosemary Piggott said: “It was a pleasure to see so many old friends and learn about the Club in its earliest days.”
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the evening, Mrs Piggott handed over the chain of office to Helen Dean the incoming chair, wishing her well in her year.”
Royston Tangent Club is for women who are or have been wives or Royston Round Table members.
- 1 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 2 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Stunning snap causes stir online
Royston Ladies Circle, a club for women aged 18 to 45 who are often partners of those in the Round Table, has recently been reformed.
For more information on both groups call Mrs Piggott on 01223 874229.