Talks over BMX site for village
A NEW BMX mound could be developed in Bassingbourn as councillors seek to provide more activities for young people. County councillor Linda Oliver has held meetings with the police community support officers covering the Bassingbourn area, and with parish
A NEW BMX mound could be developed in Bassingbourn as councillors seek to provide more activities for young people.
County councillor Linda Oliver has held meetings with the police community support officers covering the Bassingbourn area, and with parish councillors and residents.
Cllr Oliver said the meeting with the police was primarily for an exchange of information.
"We talked about ways to reduce anti-social behaviour in Bassingbourn.
You may also want to watch:
She has also met residents who have had problems with anti-social behaviour.
"Here we looked at ways people can work more closely with police to tackle anti-social behaviour and also how the parish council can provide more for youngsters to do."
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The ideas discussed were providing a BMX area and use of the facilities at Bassingbourn Barracks.
Cllr Oliver said: "We're looking at three potential sites in the village for the BMX mound."
She said she had spoken to the barracks about allowing youngsters to use the assault course.
"Obviously we have to make sure we balance the needs of all Bassingbourn's residents, but providing activities for youngsters will help enormously in the battle with anti-social behaviour," she said.