Talent show boosted by donation
THE upcoming Royston s Got Talent contest has received a boost thanks to a donation from a local store. The talent contest s cabaret evening takes place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Town Football Club, and will form part of the Royston Arts Festiva
THE upcoming Royston's Got Talent contest has received a boost thanks to a donation from a local store.
The talent contest's cabaret evening takes place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Town Football Club, and will form part of the Royston Arts Festival's opening gala evening.
Organisers have been given a �1,500 donation from Tesco's Royston to help cover the costs of the event, and received a cheque from store manager Chris Clarke last week.
Debbie Denton, founder of Royston's Got Talent, said she was "absolutely delighted" with the cash.
You may also want to watch:
"The money will go towards the hire of a marquee, which will include tables, chair, linen and chandelier hire amongst other things, it really has been a huge help," she said.
Mr Clarke added: "This is such a fantastic local event with a great community spirit, I am thrilled to be able to donate to it. I wish everyone involved in the event the best of luck, and I am sure it will be a huge success."
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
Auditions for Royston's Got Talent were held last month at Greneway School, and candidates were selected to take part in the final show.
Mrs Denton added: "I was overwhelmed with the quality of the acts we saw and the amazing enthusiasm they all showed when they performed."
There is still for room for other acts, especially non-musical ones. If you have a talent and would like to be considered, e-mail email@example.com.