Talent show boosted by donation
THE upcoming Royston s Got Talent contest has received a boost thanks to a donation from a local store. The talent contest s cabaret evening takes place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Town Football Club, and will form part of the Royston Arts Festiva
THE upcoming Royston's Got Talent contest has received a boost thanks to a donation from a local store.
The talent contest's cabaret evening takes place on Thursday September 24 at Royston Town Football Club, and will form part of the Royston Arts Festival's opening gala evening.
Organisers have been given a �1,500 donation from Tesco's Royston to help cover the costs of the event, and received a cheque from store manager Chris Clarke last week.
Debbie Denton, founder of Royston's Got Talent, said she was "absolutely delighted" with the cash.
You may also want to watch:
"The money will go towards the hire of a marquee, which will include tables, chair, linen and chandelier hire amongst other things, it really has been a huge help," she said.
Mr Clarke added: "This is such a fantastic local event with a great community spirit, I am thrilled to be able to donate to it. I wish everyone involved in the event the best of luck, and I am sure it will be a huge success."
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Auditions for Royston's Got Talent were held last month at Greneway School, and candidates were selected to take part in the final show.
Mrs Denton added: "I was overwhelmed with the quality of the acts we saw and the amazing enthusiasm they all showed when they performed."
There is still for room for other acts, especially non-musical ones. If you have a talent and would like to be considered, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.