Take steps to help hospice
A charity dance in aid of Hospices of Hope, which provides medical help and palliative care for terminally ill patients in Romania and other eastern European countries, is being held in Foxton at the end of the month. Last year the Romanian government si
A charity dance in aid of Hospices of Hope, which provides medical help and palliative care for terminally ill patients in Romania and other eastern European countries, is being held in Foxton at the end of the month.
Last year the Romanian government signed an agreement with Hospices of Hope for the charity to provide the Romanian health authorities with training for specialist care and medical treatment for those who are terminally ill.
The fundraising dance is on April 25 at Foxton Village Hall and will include a raffle and an auction of promises.
"We are asking people to support this function to help raise the funds that are urgently needed, particularly during this time of recession when charitable giving is reduced," said Tony Garrick one of the dance's organisers.
You may also want to watch:
The dance starts at 7.30 and runs until 11.30pm and the theme will be an English and Scottish barn dance.
There will be a hot buffet and bar and tickets are �15 each which includes the buffet.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
Tickets are available from Foxton Village Shop or from Tony and Carol Garrick at 29 Illingworth Way, Foxton, phone 01223 874257.
Further information about the Hospices of Hope can be found at http://www.hospicesofhope.co.uk/
Charity Dance for Hospices of Hope