Sylvia celebrates 100th birthday
SPEEDY Royal Mail staff ensured that Sylvia Lloyd enjoyed a 100th birthday to remember. Mrs Lloyd, of Collingwood Court, Royston, celebrated her birthday on Saturday, and received a birthday card from the Queen to mark the occasion. Her son Trevor said:
SPEEDY Royal Mail staff ensured that Sylvia Lloyd enjoyed a 100th birthday to remember.
Mrs Lloyd, of Collingwood Court, Royston, celebrated her birthday on Saturday, and received a birthday card from the Queen to mark the occasion.
Her son Trevor said: "The postman was very helpful in making sure that mum got her message from the Queen on time. I think she was really pleased with that."
After having lunch with her family at the Fox and Hounds pub in Therfield, Mrs Lloyd enjoyed a party, attended by 45 friends and fellow residents of Collingwood Court.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lloyd was born in Tottenham and spent much of her life in North London with her husband Ernest.
After he died she moved to Royston to be nearer her family.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Mr Lloyd said his mum's birthday celebrations started a week before she turned 100.
He said: "She attended a service at Royston Parish Church last week, and the congregation sang happy birthday to her and got her a cake.