Sylvia celebrates 100th birthday
SPEEDY Royal Mail staff ensured that Sylvia Lloyd enjoyed a 100th birthday to remember. Mrs Lloyd, of Collingwood Court, Royston, celebrated her birthday on Saturday, and received a birthday card from the Queen to mark the occasion. Her son Trevor said:
SPEEDY Royal Mail staff ensured that Sylvia Lloyd enjoyed a 100th birthday to remember.
Mrs Lloyd, of Collingwood Court, Royston, celebrated her birthday on Saturday, and received a birthday card from the Queen to mark the occasion.
Her son Trevor said: "The postman was very helpful in making sure that mum got her message from the Queen on time. I think she was really pleased with that."
After having lunch with her family at the Fox and Hounds pub in Therfield, Mrs Lloyd enjoyed a party, attended by 45 friends and fellow residents of Collingwood Court.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lloyd was born in Tottenham and spent much of her life in North London with her husband Ernest.
After he died she moved to Royston to be nearer her family.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Mr Lloyd said his mum's birthday celebrations started a week before she turned 100.
He said: "She attended a service at Royston Parish Church last week, and the congregation sang happy birthday to her and got her a cake.