Swinging into action with charity golf day in Barkway
- Credit: Archant
Golfers clubbed together to raise a whopping £12,500 for a life-saving air ambulance crew when they took part in a successful golf day in Barkway.
The event, which took place on Friday, is the sixth of its kind to be held at Barkway Park Golf Club in Nuthampstead Road, and has raised vital funds over the years for Herts Air Ambulance.
The charity’s fundraiser Cristina Barone said: “The members, staff and supporters at Barkway Park Golf Club have raised such an incredible amount of money over the past six years.
“This is a remarkable achievement and something that they should be extremely proud of.”
The day started with coffee and a bacon roll, followed by rounds on the course and a buffet lunch.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a popular auction with prizes donated by local businesses.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event