Swinging into action with charity golf day in Barkway
- Credit: Archant
Golfers clubbed together to raise a whopping £12,500 for a life-saving air ambulance crew when they took part in a successful golf day in Barkway.
The event, which took place on Friday, is the sixth of its kind to be held at Barkway Park Golf Club in Nuthampstead Road, and has raised vital funds over the years for Herts Air Ambulance.
The charity’s fundraiser Cristina Barone said: “The members, staff and supporters at Barkway Park Golf Club have raised such an incredible amount of money over the past six years.
“This is a remarkable achievement and something that they should be extremely proud of.”
The day started with coffee and a bacon roll, followed by rounds on the course and a buffet lunch.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a popular auction with prizes donated by local businesses.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy