Swinging into action with charity golf day in Barkway
- Credit: Archant
Golfers clubbed together to raise a whopping £12,500 for a life-saving air ambulance crew when they took part in a successful golf day in Barkway.
The event, which took place on Friday, is the sixth of its kind to be held at Barkway Park Golf Club in Nuthampstead Road, and has raised vital funds over the years for Herts Air Ambulance.
The charity’s fundraiser Cristina Barone said: “The members, staff and supporters at Barkway Park Golf Club have raised such an incredible amount of money over the past six years.
“This is a remarkable achievement and something that they should be extremely proud of.”
The day started with coffee and a bacon roll, followed by rounds on the course and a buffet lunch.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a popular auction with prizes donated by local businesses.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?