Swine flu hotline set up
A SWINE flu hotline and dedicated website have been set up. Two antiviral collection points have also been made available to Hertfordshire residents in response to the new service. Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health at NHS Hertfordshire said: The
A SWINE flu hotline and dedicated website have been set up.
Two antiviral collection points have also been made available to Hertfordshire residents in response to the new service.
Dr Jane Halpin, director of public health at NHS Hertfordshire said: "The new arrangements mean a change to what people should do if they think they may have swine flu.
"If you have flu-like symptoms such as a sudden fever, cough, a headache, sore throat, tiredness, aching muscles, sneezing, runny nose or loss of appetite you should use the new National Pandemic Flu Service.
You may also want to watch:
"If you are diagnosed as having swine flu then you will be given a special authorisation number which you can use to obtain antivirals if you chose to do so."
The hotline number is 08001 513 100, and it is open 8am - midnight, seven days a week. The web address is www.direct.gov.uk/pandemicflu.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
The collection points announced yesterday are located in Watford and Welwyn Garden City, but an NHS spokesman said more may be set up across Hertfordshire depending on demand.