Swashbuckling fun everyone will enjoy at The Three Musketeers come to Fowlmere
- Credit: Archant
Come and take a journey through 19th century war-torn France in an epic retelling of The Three Musketeers.
The open-air production at Fowlmere Village Hall will star a young D’Artagnan as he desperately attempts to rejoin fellow musketeers Athos, Porthos and Aramis who guard the King.
The story tracks his adventure and retells the politics of the day as the cardinal plots to overthrow the King.
Fundraiser for the hall, Rachel Collins said: “There will be a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour and slapstick for the kids to get involved in. There will also be some swashbuckling and mock sword fights and plenty of excitement and comedy. It’s a bit of fun for everybody.”
The production is being acted out by the Illyria Theatre Company who have returned to the village for a fifth year running.
You may also want to watch:
The production starts next Friday, August 28, at 6.30pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets cost £12 for adults and £6 for children. They are available from Thriplow and Foxton shops or by calling 01763 208516, 208364 or 208408, or online from www.illyria.uk.com It is suitable for anyone aged eight and above. All funds raised go to the upkeep of the hall.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing