Supermarket staff put through their paces
STAFF at Royston s new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening. Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, ha
STAFF at Royston's new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening.
Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, have been working in the Cambourne store to pick up top tips from experienced Morrisons staff, receive training and gain experience.
Jane Varley, Head of Retail Training for Morrisons said: "Morrisons is committed to bringing great customer service and shop keeping to the people of Royston and this thorough training will help us do that.
"It's wonderful that the training is bringing the best out of our people through on the job experience and it will be great to see the team completing their training together in the new store," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The training is designed to ensure customers receive the highest level of service at the new supermarket. A precise opening date for the store has yet to be revealed.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge