Supermarket staff put through their paces
STAFF at Royston s new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening. Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, ha
STAFF at Royston's new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening.
Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, have been working in the Cambourne store to pick up top tips from experienced Morrisons staff, receive training and gain experience.
Jane Varley, Head of Retail Training for Morrisons said: "Morrisons is committed to bringing great customer service and shop keeping to the people of Royston and this thorough training will help us do that.
"It's wonderful that the training is bringing the best out of our people through on the job experience and it will be great to see the team completing their training together in the new store," she said.
The training is designed to ensure customers receive the highest level of service at the new supermarket. A precise opening date for the store has yet to be revealed.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party