Supermarket staff put through their paces
STAFF at Royston s new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening. Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, ha
STAFF at Royston's new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening.
Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, have been working in the Cambourne store to pick up top tips from experienced Morrisons staff, receive training and gain experience.
Jane Varley, Head of Retail Training for Morrisons said: "Morrisons is committed to bringing great customer service and shop keeping to the people of Royston and this thorough training will help us do that.
"It's wonderful that the training is bringing the best out of our people through on the job experience and it will be great to see the team completing their training together in the new store," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The training is designed to ensure customers receive the highest level of service at the new supermarket. A precise opening date for the store has yet to be revealed.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 8 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need