Supermarket staff put through their paces
STAFF at Royston s new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening. Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, ha
STAFF at Royston's new supermarket have been put through their paces as they prepare for the stores opening.
Morrisons will be opening in the former Somerfield premises later this year, and ex-Somerfield employees, together with newly recruited staff, have been working in the Cambourne store to pick up top tips from experienced Morrisons staff, receive training and gain experience.
Jane Varley, Head of Retail Training for Morrisons said: "Morrisons is committed to bringing great customer service and shop keeping to the people of Royston and this thorough training will help us do that.
"It's wonderful that the training is bringing the best out of our people through on the job experience and it will be great to see the team completing their training together in the new store," she said.
You may also want to watch:
The training is designed to ensure customers receive the highest level of service at the new supermarket. A precise opening date for the store has yet to be revealed.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft