Super slimmer prepares for marathon challenge
- Credit: Archant
A SLIMMER who lost more than four stone in 18 months is continuing her fitness journey by taking part in the London Marathon.
Mel Hudd, 38, of Monks Walk, Buntingford, will join thousands of competitors tackling the 26.2 mile course on April 21.
She took up running while shedding the pounds on Weight Watchers, and after losing four and a half stone feels she is ready for the challenge.
“I’m on the homeward straight now with my training,” she said.
“I did a 15-mile run at the weekend, and have been running the 9.5 miles from Buntingford to Royston every Sunday to watch my son, Dylan, play for Royston Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
“I started running because I was doing Weight Watchers and wanted to lose some weight. So I joined a running club, then did the Race for Life and the Stevenage Half-Marathon. After that I thought, why not take it a step further.
“It’s been hard work but I’m really looking forward to it.”
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 5 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Victim of fatal A10 crash named
Mrs Hudd, who now runs Weight Watchers groups in Buntingford and Baldock, is not running for a specific charity, but has been asking people who wish to support her run to make donations to the Stephanie Knight rehab fund.
Stephanie, 21, who lives in Braughing, is battling bone cancer, and friends and family are raising money to help with her treatment and rehabilitation.
For further details or to donate log on to www.stephknight.co.uk