Sun and laughter at Royston Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 people flocked to Royston to enjoy quality beer in the roasting sun during the town’s beer festival on Sunday.
The event, held at Royston Town Football Club in Garden Walk, featured live acts and plenty of activities for children.
Chairman of Royston Football Club, Steve Jackson said: “The festival was a huge success for the town with more than 1,000 people attending from far and wide.
“It caters for all ages with plenty to keep the kids amused while mum and dad enjoy a beer or glass of Pimm’s listening to live music.
“The football club tries every year to make the event a little better than the last and the inclusion of a massive inflatable stage on the pitch lifted the event to new heights and the feeling of a true music festival.
You may also want to watch:
“The event is very professionally organised and next year Camra – Campaign for Real Ales – will be adding the event to their calendar, highlighting how successful it has become.”
You can browse a selection of photos taken at the festival by Kevin Richards by clicking here. Email him at email@example.com to buy a copy.
A concert hosted by Royston Soul Club was held at the same venue on Saturday night featuring Gwen Dickey, the voice of Rose Royce.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'