Sun and laughter at Royston Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 people flocked to Royston to enjoy quality beer in the roasting sun during the town’s beer festival on Sunday.
The event, held at Royston Town Football Club in Garden Walk, featured live acts and plenty of activities for children.
Chairman of Royston Football Club, Steve Jackson said: “The festival was a huge success for the town with more than 1,000 people attending from far and wide.
“It caters for all ages with plenty to keep the kids amused while mum and dad enjoy a beer or glass of Pimm’s listening to live music.
“The football club tries every year to make the event a little better than the last and the inclusion of a massive inflatable stage on the pitch lifted the event to new heights and the feeling of a true music festival.
You may also want to watch:
“The event is very professionally organised and next year Camra – Campaign for Real Ales – will be adding the event to their calendar, highlighting how successful it has become.”
You can browse a selection of photos taken at the festival by Kevin Richards by clicking here. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to buy a copy.
A concert hosted by Royston Soul Club was held at the same venue on Saturday night featuring Gwen Dickey, the voice of Rose Royce.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival