Youngsters take part in Summer Pentathlon Week in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has hosted their annual Summer Pentathlon Week, in which more than 30 children per day took part in a variety of activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP in Melbourn, consists of different sports over a five day period – including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “These sports camps are always well attended, and the children really seem to enjoy themselves.
“We try and put a variety of activities to keep them active, as well as letting the children have time to let their hair down on the Friday with a pool party and disco.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future!”
You may also want to watch:
There are still plenty of opportunities for budding athletes to get involved in summer sports at Melbourn as well as playschemes, a rookie lifesaving course and trampoline taster sessions.
For full details go to www.mc-sport.co.uk or call 01763 263313.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'