Youngsters take part in Summer Pentathlon Week in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has hosted their annual Summer Pentathlon Week, in which more than 30 children per day took part in a variety of activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP in Melbourn, consists of different sports over a five day period – including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “These sports camps are always well attended, and the children really seem to enjoy themselves.
“We try and put a variety of activities to keep them active, as well as letting the children have time to let their hair down on the Friday with a pool party and disco.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future!”
You may also want to watch:
There are still plenty of opportunities for budding athletes to get involved in summer sports at Melbourn as well as playschemes, a rookie lifesaving course and trampoline taster sessions.
For full details go to www.mc-sport.co.uk or call 01763 263313.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm