Youngsters take part in Summer Pentathlon Week in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Sports Centre has hosted their annual Summer Pentathlon Week, in which more than 30 children per day took part in a variety of activities.
The event, sponsored once again by TTP in Melbourn, consists of different sports over a five day period – including gymnastics, tennis and basketball.
Centre manager Graham Johnson-Mack said: “These sports camps are always well attended, and the children really seem to enjoy themselves.
“We try and put a variety of activities to keep them active, as well as letting the children have time to let their hair down on the Friday with a pool party and disco.
“And who knows? We might even be coaching the medal hopefuls of the future!”
You may also want to watch:
There are still plenty of opportunities for budding athletes to get involved in summer sports at Melbourn as well as playschemes, a rookie lifesaving course and trampoline taster sessions.
For full details go to www.mc-sport.co.uk or call 01763 263313.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 6 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 7 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 8 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?