Sub-postmaster needed if office is to reopen
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure. Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster. The post office could relocate to another premises in the village,
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure.
Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster.
The post office could relocate to another premises in the village, but this has not yet been confirmed.
A Post Office spokesman said: "We share the disappointment of our loyal customers in Thriplow at the closure of their post office.
"We would like to assure them that we are doing everything we can to restore convenient local access.
"This closure was unavoidable and due to reasons beyond our control. But we are working hard to maintain services within Thriplow. Our aim is to secure a new Post Office in the area as soon as possible.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
"We have to be realistic. We can only achieve this goal if someone within the local community comes forward to take up the role of sub-postmaster."
- Anyone interested in becoming sub-postmaster can call 0845 601 6260.
- The nearest post office branch is at Westfield Road, Fowlmere. The branch is open Wednesday and Saturday mornings and on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30am-5.30pm.