Sub-postmaster needed if office is to reopen
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure. Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster. The post office could relocate to another premises in the village,
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure.
Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster.
The post office could relocate to another premises in the village, but this has not yet been confirmed.
A Post Office spokesman said: "We share the disappointment of our loyal customers in Thriplow at the closure of their post office.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to assure them that we are doing everything we can to restore convenient local access.
"This closure was unavoidable and due to reasons beyond our control. But we are working hard to maintain services within Thriplow. Our aim is to secure a new Post Office in the area as soon as possible.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 9 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
"We have to be realistic. We can only achieve this goal if someone within the local community comes forward to take up the role of sub-postmaster."
- Anyone interested in becoming sub-postmaster can call 0845 601 6260.
- The nearest post office branch is at Westfield Road, Fowlmere. The branch is open Wednesday and Saturday mornings and on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30am-5.30pm.