Sub-postmaster needed if office is to reopen
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure. Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster. The post office could relocate to another premises in the village,
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure.
Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster.
The post office could relocate to another premises in the village, but this has not yet been confirmed.
A Post Office spokesman said: "We share the disappointment of our loyal customers in Thriplow at the closure of their post office.
"We would like to assure them that we are doing everything we can to restore convenient local access.
"This closure was unavoidable and due to reasons beyond our control. But we are working hard to maintain services within Thriplow. Our aim is to secure a new Post Office in the area as soon as possible.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 4 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 9 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
"We have to be realistic. We can only achieve this goal if someone within the local community comes forward to take up the role of sub-postmaster."
- Anyone interested in becoming sub-postmaster can call 0845 601 6260.
- The nearest post office branch is at Westfield Road, Fowlmere. The branch is open Wednesday and Saturday mornings and on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30am-5.30pm.