Sub-postmaster needed if office is to reopen
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure. Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster. The post office could relocate to another premises in the village,
A VILLAGE post office is seeking a new sub-postmaster after two weeks of temporary closure.
Thriplow post office closed on August 3 following the resignation of its former sub-postmaster.
The post office could relocate to another premises in the village, but this has not yet been confirmed.
A Post Office spokesman said: "We share the disappointment of our loyal customers in Thriplow at the closure of their post office.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to assure them that we are doing everything we can to restore convenient local access.
"This closure was unavoidable and due to reasons beyond our control. But we are working hard to maintain services within Thriplow. Our aim is to secure a new Post Office in the area as soon as possible.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
"We have to be realistic. We can only achieve this goal if someone within the local community comes forward to take up the role of sub-postmaster."
- Anyone interested in becoming sub-postmaster can call 0845 601 6260.
- The nearest post office branch is at Westfield Road, Fowlmere. The branch is open Wednesday and Saturday mornings and on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8.30am-5.30pm.