Studlands Rise pupils answer the 'W' questions
ANSWERING the W questions was the challenge for pupils at Studlands Rise School in Royston. The school s annual book week was marked by a visit from the Big Foot Theatre company, who held a series of workshops aimed at developing the children s creative
ANSWERING the "W" questions was the challenge for pupils at Studlands Rise School in Royston.
The school's annual book week was marked by a visit from the Big Foot Theatre company, who held a series of workshops aimed at developing the children's creative writing.
Through the character Ann Author, the group reminded children about the importance of "W" questions - where, when, who, what, and why - when undertaking story writing.
The pupils were then encouraged to develop their own story ideas in class.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Maguire, who organised book week, said: "All the children were fully engaged, adding sound effects and ideas.
"It was lovely to hear the children leaving the hall discussing their own ideas.
- 1 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 9 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
"I am sure by the end of the week we will see the benefits of this visit through the work the children produce."
As part of the week-long programme, the pupils also took part in a sponsored read, before coming to school dressed as their favourite story characters.