Studlands Rise pupils answer the 'W' questions
ANSWERING the W questions was the challenge for pupils at Studlands Rise School in Royston. The school s annual book week was marked by a visit from the Big Foot Theatre company, who held a series of workshops aimed at developing the children s creative
ANSWERING the "W" questions was the challenge for pupils at Studlands Rise School in Royston.
The school's annual book week was marked by a visit from the Big Foot Theatre company, who held a series of workshops aimed at developing the children's creative writing.
Through the character Ann Author, the group reminded children about the importance of "W" questions - where, when, who, what, and why - when undertaking story writing.
The pupils were then encouraged to develop their own story ideas in class.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Maguire, who organised book week, said: "All the children were fully engaged, adding sound effects and ideas.
"It was lovely to hear the children leaving the hall discussing their own ideas.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
"I am sure by the end of the week we will see the benefits of this visit through the work the children produce."
As part of the week-long programme, the pupils also took part in a sponsored read, before coming to school dressed as their favourite story characters.