Students to perform the Mikado
FREMAN College in Buntingford will be transported to Japan this week, as students put on a production of The Mikado. Gilbert and Sullivan s comic opera is being performed at the college for three nights, starting Tuesday April 29. Headteacher Helen Loughr
FREMAN College in Buntingford will be transported to Japan this week, as students put on a production of The Mikado.
Gilbert and Sullivan's comic opera is being performed at the college for three nights, starting Tuesday April 29.
Headteacher Helen Loughran, said, 'This promises to be a great performance. We have a particularly strong group of musicians and actors involved this year and I think we are in for a treat. All the students and staff have put a tremendous amount of time and energy into rehearsals."
The Mikado has been produced and directed by the music department, headed by Jane Stott, together with Steve Hunt (Head of Classics). It stars Amy Smith as Yum Yum, with Tom Marlow taking the role of her admirer, the wandering minstrel Nanki Pooh.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Loughran added: "One local resident recently commented that she couldn't see the point of travelling to the West End for a show when she could see such great performances here at the college, which is high praise indeed."
The play is being performed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. For tickets and more information, contact Freman College office on 01763 271818
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment