Students learn how to beat credit crunch
BUSINESS studies students from The Meridian School, Royston, were given a lesson on beating the credit crunch during their field trip to France. They attended a seminar at Disneyland Paris, and gave the staff a grilling on how the company stays ahead whil
BUSINESS studies students from The Meridian School, Royston, were given a lesson on beating the credit crunch during their field trip to France.
They attended a seminar at Disneyland Paris, and gave the staff a grilling on how the company stays ahead while the world's economy is in freefall
Business studies teacher Mike Perry, who led the group, said: "It was a very informative."
The pupils were given an insight into the company's customer services, teamwork and communications, budgets (including SWOT analysis) and marketing techniques.
After a morning of study they spent the afternoon experiencing the theme park at first hand. The following day they took a tour of Paris which included a stop at the Eiffel Tower.
David Atkins, assistant head at The Meridian School, said: "Off-site visits in this country and abroad are an essential part of students' development.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
"They gain skills in leadership, team working, increased self esteem and, through this experience, a range of social experiences not available in the classroom.