Students get in the pink
A GROUP of students have been set a �20 challenge ahead of this Sunday’s Pink Ribbon run/walk.
The 3km event takes place on Therfield Heath, and the team from Freman College in Buntingford are primed and ready to raise cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Andrea Roach, head of PE at the college, said: “This year will be the fourth year Freman has entered, and to date we have raised more than �12,000 for Pink Ribbon charities.
“This year we are hoping to raise more than � 3,000 in order to reach the �15,000 mark, and we have matched last year’s entry, with 200 staff and students participating, all of whom will be wearing pink headbands.
“The students are very much looking forward to taking part in the event again this year, and have each been asked to raise at least �20, which equals one hour of Marie Curie nursing.”
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to register for the popular run, which has raised more than �100,000 for cancer charities in the past three years.
It begins at 11am and is open to men, women, and children.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Entry costs �12 for adults and �6 for children under 16, and the entry fee includes a T-shirt as well as a medal and goody bag on finishing.
There are some great fund-raising prizes up for grabs, as well as awards for the best fancy dress, and a new category, best dressed buggy.
Entry forms are available from the Crow offices in Angel Pavement, Royston Leisure Centre, Royston Library, and many local shops.
You can also enter online at www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk