Students get in the pink
A GROUP of students have been set a �20 challenge ahead of this Sunday’s Pink Ribbon run/walk.
The 3km event takes place on Therfield Heath, and the team from Freman College in Buntingford are primed and ready to raise cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Andrea Roach, head of PE at the college, said: “This year will be the fourth year Freman has entered, and to date we have raised more than �12,000 for Pink Ribbon charities.
“This year we are hoping to raise more than � 3,000 in order to reach the �15,000 mark, and we have matched last year’s entry, with 200 staff and students participating, all of whom will be wearing pink headbands.
“The students are very much looking forward to taking part in the event again this year, and have each been asked to raise at least �20, which equals one hour of Marie Curie nursing.”
There is still time to register for the popular run, which has raised more than �100,000 for cancer charities in the past three years.
It begins at 11am and is open to men, women, and children.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
Entry costs �12 for adults and �6 for children under 16, and the entry fee includes a T-shirt as well as a medal and goody bag on finishing.
There are some great fund-raising prizes up for grabs, as well as awards for the best fancy dress, and a new category, best dressed buggy.
Entry forms are available from the Crow offices in Angel Pavement, Royston Leisure Centre, Royston Library, and many local shops.
You can also enter online at www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk