Students get in the pink
A GROUP of students have been set a �20 challenge ahead of this Sunday’s Pink Ribbon run/walk.
The 3km event takes place on Therfield Heath, and the team from Freman College in Buntingford are primed and ready to raise cash for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Andrea Roach, head of PE at the college, said: “This year will be the fourth year Freman has entered, and to date we have raised more than �12,000 for Pink Ribbon charities.
“This year we are hoping to raise more than � 3,000 in order to reach the �15,000 mark, and we have matched last year’s entry, with 200 staff and students participating, all of whom will be wearing pink headbands.
“The students are very much looking forward to taking part in the event again this year, and have each been asked to raise at least �20, which equals one hour of Marie Curie nursing.”
You may also want to watch:
There is still time to register for the popular run, which has raised more than �100,000 for cancer charities in the past three years.
It begins at 11am and is open to men, women, and children.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
Entry costs �12 for adults and �6 for children under 16, and the entry fee includes a T-shirt as well as a medal and goody bag on finishing.
There are some great fund-raising prizes up for grabs, as well as awards for the best fancy dress, and a new category, best dressed buggy.
Entry forms are available from the Crow offices in Angel Pavement, Royston Leisure Centre, Royston Library, and many local shops.
You can also enter online at www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk