Strong winds cause traffic chaos
FALLING trees this morning (Wednesday) blocked roads across Crow Country after strong winds ripped them from the ground.
Police and Hertfordshire Highways were called to many incidents in-and-around Royston however they were dealt with relatively swiftly.
A tree blocked the A505 near the Duxford junction which was dealt with by 7.59am.
Newmarket Road was barred by fallen timber near the junction of Icknield Way forcing the police to close the road by the A10 junction to A505, with lorries initially turning around in the road.
This blockage took a number of hours to clear, with the warning call to the police coming in at 7.53am and was blocked until 9.52am.
You may also want to watch:
Therfield Road was also barricaded across one side of the road by Little Chef and was affected from 7.42-8.24am.
Roads in South Cambridgeshire were also affected by fallen trees with Cambs Police and highways clearing the roads.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
Just after midnight two fallen trees were reported on the A505 close to Fowlmere, this was cleared within 20 minutes.
Three trees also came down at 6.23am between Fowlmere and Newton.
Did you see anything? manage to get a pic? Get in touch on 07557232154 or email@example.com