Stretching to beat stress!
EXAMS can take their toll on pupils – but one school in Crow country got their pupils involved in a series of stress busting exercises last week. Year 9 pupils at Bassingbourn Village College visited Royston Leisure Centre and took part in pilates, yoga a
EXAMS can take their toll on pupils - but one school in Crow country got their pupils involved in a series of stress busting exercises last week.
Year 9 pupils at Bassingbourn Village College visited Royston Leisure Centre and took part in pilates, yoga and kickboxing to take their minds off of exam stress.
Simon Gair, head of Year 9, said: "This year the pupils are taking their SATS and there's lots of conversation how we need to cope with children's mental health and stress.
"So anything that we can do to help what can be a very stressful time is worthwhile."
You may also want to watch:
The activities helped pupils take their minds off the pressures of school, and some have even signed up to do the activities on a more permanent basis.
Mr Gair said: "The pupils got involved and enjoyed the whole process.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
"The centre was fantastic and very accommodating, and it is something we want to do on an annual basis.