Stretching to beat stress!
EXAMS can take their toll on pupils – but one school in Crow country got their pupils involved in a series of stress busting exercises last week. Year 9 pupils at Bassingbourn Village College visited Royston Leisure Centre and took part in pilates, yoga a
EXAMS can take their toll on pupils - but one school in Crow country got their pupils involved in a series of stress busting exercises last week.
Year 9 pupils at Bassingbourn Village College visited Royston Leisure Centre and took part in pilates, yoga and kickboxing to take their minds off of exam stress.
Simon Gair, head of Year 9, said: "This year the pupils are taking their SATS and there's lots of conversation how we need to cope with children's mental health and stress.
"So anything that we can do to help what can be a very stressful time is worthwhile."
You may also want to watch:
The activities helped pupils take their minds off the pressures of school, and some have even signed up to do the activities on a more permanent basis.
Mr Gair said: "The pupils got involved and enjoyed the whole process.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
"The centre was fantastic and very accommodating, and it is something we want to do on an annual basis.