Street clean teams join Royston tidy-up
STREET cleaning teams from North Hertfordshire District Council are joining the big Royston tidy up. Organised by the Royston-in-Bloom committee, the tidy up is aimed at spring cleaning the town, and begins in earnest on Sunday. The district council h
STREET cleaning teams from North Hertfordshire District Council are joining the big Royston tidy up.
Organised by the Royston-in-Bloom committee, the tidy up is aimed at spring cleaning the town, and begins in earnest on Sunday.
The district council has pledged its support to the campaign by donating the services of all its cleaning gangs in the area.
Angela Louch, from the Royston in Bloom committee, said that four roads have been targeted for extra special attention during the tidy up week which runs until April 5. These are Garden Walk, Burns Road, Green Drift, and Woodcock Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Louch said: "Residents are asked to keep vehicles off these roads to facilitate extra cleaning efficiency.
"It is also vital that volunteers register the area to be cleaned at the Town Hall. Volunteers will be supplied with endorsed tabards."
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Rubbish collected can be taken to extra recycling bins, which will be available for one week only at The Coombs Community Centre in Burns Road and at the fire station."
Members of the Royston in Bloom team will be taking part in a clear-up of the Priory Memorial Gardens on Sunday, beginning at 11.30am.
They will be joined by members of the Parish Church Youth Group and the Trinity Life Church Youth Group.
More information on the big tidy up can be found on the Royston in Bloom page of www.roystontowncouncil.gov.uk, or from the Town Hall on 01763 245484.