Store Twenty One in Royston closed today
- Credit: Archant
THE future of one of Royston’s biggest shops appears to be in doubt.
Store Twenty One, in the High Street, closed unexpectedly today, with no indications of when it might re-open.
A notice in the window of the shop, posted by the landlord of the building, Trevor Toys Limited, states that they have re-entered and secured the premises.
Stories about the future of Store Twenty One, which employs 1,000 people across the country, have been circulating since the turn of the year.
In accounts released in January, Anupam Jhunjhunwala, the firm’s chief executive, warned of the impact rising cotton prices were having on the business.
You may also want to watch:
The Crow is awaiting a response from Store Twenty One and from Trevor Toys Limited. For more details see Thursday’s Crow.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?