Still time to visit family’s Christmas lights display in Hertfordshire village and donate
- Credit: Archant
A family’s Christmas lights display has been attracting plenty of attention while raising money for two charitable causes.
The Baxters’ annual effort at their Fallowfield home in The Joint, Reed, has so far raised £190 online after being switched on at the start of December.
This year the family are raising money for Cancer Research UK and Steph’s Wishes – a charity set up in memory of Stephanie Knight which provides special experiences for young people aged 18 to 25 – as well as making a donation to the Church of St Mary in Reed.
Writing on their donation page, Nichola Baxter said: “Please feel free to come and enjoy the lights – it’s what they are there for and either leave a donation or donate online. Every penny counts.”
To donate visit
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 3 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 4 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer