Still time to visit family’s Christmas lights display in Hertfordshire village and donate
- Credit: Archant
A family’s Christmas lights display has been attracting plenty of attention while raising money for two charitable causes.
The Baxters’ annual effort at their Fallowfield home in The Joint, Reed, has so far raised £190 online after being switched on at the start of December.
This year the family are raising money for Cancer Research UK and Steph’s Wishes – a charity set up in memory of Stephanie Knight which provides special experiences for young people aged 18 to 25 – as well as making a donation to the Church of St Mary in Reed.
Writing on their donation page, Nichola Baxter said: “Please feel free to come and enjoy the lights – it’s what they are there for and either leave a donation or donate online. Every penny counts.”
To donate visit
You may also want to watch:
- 1 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 2 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 6 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 7 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 8 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 9 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended