Still time to visit family’s Christmas lights display in Hertfordshire village and donate
- Credit: Archant
A family’s Christmas lights display has been attracting plenty of attention while raising money for two charitable causes.
The Baxters’ annual effort at their Fallowfield home in The Joint, Reed, has so far raised £190 online after being switched on at the start of December.
This year the family are raising money for Cancer Research UK and Steph’s Wishes – a charity set up in memory of Stephanie Knight which provides special experiences for young people aged 18 to 25 – as well as making a donation to the Church of St Mary in Reed.
Writing on their donation page, Nichola Baxter said: “Please feel free to come and enjoy the lights – it’s what they are there for and either leave a donation or donate online. Every penny counts.”
To donate visit
You may also want to watch:
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'