Still time to visit family’s Christmas lights display in Hertfordshire village and donate
- Credit: Archant
A family’s Christmas lights display has been attracting plenty of attention while raising money for two charitable causes.
The Baxters’ annual effort at their Fallowfield home in The Joint, Reed, has so far raised £190 online after being switched on at the start of December.
This year the family are raising money for Cancer Research UK and Steph’s Wishes – a charity set up in memory of Stephanie Knight which provides special experiences for young people aged 18 to 25 – as well as making a donation to the Church of St Mary in Reed.
Writing on their donation page, Nichola Baxter said: “Please feel free to come and enjoy the lights – it’s what they are there for and either leave a donation or donate online. Every penny counts.”
To donate visit
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'