Stevenage Colts Yellows 0 Austen Arrowheads 0 TOP of the table Colts came into this match with the impressive record of having won all of their league games so far this season, whereas second placed Austen s only defeat was at the hands of the Colts earl
Stevenage Colts Yellows 0 Austen Arrowheads 0
TOP of the table Colts came into this match with the impressive record of having won all of their league games so far this season, whereas second placed Austen's only defeat was at the hands of the Colts earlier in season, so this was always going to be a close game.
Colts started brightly with some long range efforts but Austen came closest with a delightfully struck side footed shot form Ahmed that beat the Colts keeper, but was diverted to safety via the post by the strong cross wind.
Colts continued to press for an opener and Newport in the Austen goal was the busier keeper but Austen had their chances too.
You may also want to watch:
Courtney made a fine run the length of the pitch and fed the ball to Ahmed but the Colts keeper was alert to the danger and came out to clear.
At the start of the second half Austen went close with a couple of long range Courtney efforts and weak left-foot effort from Thornton that was easily saved by the alert Colts keeper.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
With the wind in their favour Austen enjoyed some good periods of possession and they thought they had won the match when Ahmed smashed the ball into the net from a tight angle on sixty-six minutes but the ball had gone out of play in the build up.
There was still time for some late minute drama as a long rang Courtney throw bounced through a crowded box and was headed off the line by a Colts defender
In the end this was a quality game of football and fair result for two closely matched teams.