Stevenage’s Lister Hospital radiotherapy unit petition passed to Parliament
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
More than 4,000 signatures have been handed over to the House of Commons to try to bring a satellite radiotherapy unit to Lister Hospital.
MP for North East Hertfordshire Sir Oliver Heald presented the petition signed by 4,211 people on Tuesday.
At the moment people in the county needing radiotherapy usually have to travel to Mount Vernon Hospital in Middlesex for treatment.
Sir Oliver said: “I have been overwhelmed by the huge response to this petition and hope that this will help with this important campaign.
“I am meeting NHS England on March 24 to discuss the way ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
The petition was supported by MPs Stephen McPartland and Peter Lilley.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love