Stevenage FC-run breakfast club boosted by Kellogg’s grant
- Credit: Archant
A school’s breakfast club will continue to help pupils start the day the right way thanks to a £400 grant.
Sandon JMI school has received the award from Kellogg’s as part of the firm’s Help Give a Child Breakfast campaign.
The breakfast club is run by staff from League One football club Stevenage FC, who put on activities for the children with a sporting emphasis.
Margaret Gilbert, headteacher at the school, said the breakfast club plays a vital role for children who aren’t given breakfast at home.
She said: “It’s a shocking fact that children are missing out on the very foundations of their education by not being fed in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why breakfast clubs are a lifeline for so many children. They provide them with an opportunity to learn interaction and social skills in a way that they might never do at home.
“This grant from Kellogg’s will really help our club and we are looking forward to spending the money on the children.”
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival