Stevenage FC-run breakfast club boosted by Kellogg’s grant
- Credit: Archant
A school’s breakfast club will continue to help pupils start the day the right way thanks to a £400 grant.
Sandon JMI school has received the award from Kellogg’s as part of the firm’s Help Give a Child Breakfast campaign.
The breakfast club is run by staff from League One football club Stevenage FC, who put on activities for the children with a sporting emphasis.
Margaret Gilbert, headteacher at the school, said the breakfast club plays a vital role for children who aren’t given breakfast at home.
She said: “It’s a shocking fact that children are missing out on the very foundations of their education by not being fed in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why breakfast clubs are a lifeline for so many children. They provide them with an opportunity to learn interaction and social skills in a way that they might never do at home.
“This grant from Kellogg’s will really help our club and we are looking forward to spending the money on the children.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021