Stevenage FC-run breakfast club boosted by Kellogg’s grant
- Credit: Archant
A school’s breakfast club will continue to help pupils start the day the right way thanks to a £400 grant.
Sandon JMI school has received the award from Kellogg’s as part of the firm’s Help Give a Child Breakfast campaign.
The breakfast club is run by staff from League One football club Stevenage FC, who put on activities for the children with a sporting emphasis.
Margaret Gilbert, headteacher at the school, said the breakfast club plays a vital role for children who aren’t given breakfast at home.
She said: “It’s a shocking fact that children are missing out on the very foundations of their education by not being fed in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why breakfast clubs are a lifeline for so many children. They provide them with an opportunity to learn interaction and social skills in a way that they might never do at home.
“This grant from Kellogg’s will really help our club and we are looking forward to spending the money on the children.”
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing