Steeple Morden school receives sports award
Pupils at Steeple Morden Primary School were delighted to formally receive the Gold School Games Award in recognition of their commitment to the development of physical education across their school and into the community.
This is the fourth year the school has achieved the award, which was presented by Claire McDonnell of South Cambridgeshire Partnership.
PE leader Mrs Miller said: “We are very proud to achieve this award by keeping competitive sport at the heart of our school and providing more young people with the opportunity to compete.”
A recent initiative the school has adopted to keep children active, is for children to be aiming to walk or run ‘a K a day’.
At the end of the month, they see how far they have walked.
You may also want to watch:
And, despite the cold weather, the children have taken to this enthusiastically and said they have felt their mood, concentration levels and sense of well-being was boosted as a result.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire