Steeple Morden school receives sports award
Pupils at Steeple Morden Primary School were delighted to formally receive the Gold School Games Award in recognition of their commitment to the development of physical education across their school and into the community.
This is the fourth year the school has achieved the award, which was presented by Claire McDonnell of South Cambridgeshire Partnership.
PE leader Mrs Miller said: “We are very proud to achieve this award by keeping competitive sport at the heart of our school and providing more young people with the opportunity to compete.”
A recent initiative the school has adopted to keep children active, is for children to be aiming to walk or run ‘a K a day’.
At the end of the month, they see how far they have walked.
You may also want to watch:
And, despite the cold weather, the children have taken to this enthusiastically and said they have felt their mood, concentration levels and sense of well-being was boosted as a result.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start