Steeple Morden Primary School hosts a fond farewell for outgoing headteacher
- Credit: Archant
Past pupils, staff and their families joined Steeple Morden C of E Primary School on Saturday at their annual school fete to bid a fond farewell to headteacher Richard Lloyd, who is leaving after more than a decade at the school.
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen judged the fancy dress competition and entertainment was provided by the Morden Magpies Football Club, Steeple Morden’s Hot Steps Dance Academy and the Ashwell Karate Club.
Mr Lloyd said: “The annual school fete is always well supported by local families as well as the wider community and businesses and it was fantastic to see so many past pupils attending Saturday’s event.”
Mrs Allen said: “It’s always lovely to be asked to judge competitions at village fetes, and an absolute bonus when I don’t make any of the children cry! “Congratulations to everyone involved with organising this year’s fete. their hard work has been rewarded with an impressive result - well done.”
The fete raised £4,000, and these funds will be used to “enhance the school experience of all the pupils”.
You may also want to watch:
Staff and pupils are looking forward to welcoming the newly-appointed headteacher Tracey How, who will start at the Hay Street school in September.
For more on the school see www.steeplemorden.cambs.sch.uk
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 New president takes over at Rotary Club