Steeple Morden artists open their doors to the public for Cambridge Open Studios
- Credit: Archant
There’s a chance to catch a number of artists in action as they open their studio doors to the public this month.
The annual Cambridge Open Studios programme will see more than 470 artists from the city and surrounding villages exhibit their work to the public.
Anna Pye from Steeple Morden will open up her studio every weekend in July between 11am and 6pm.
People can expect to see original hand pulled prints, hand printed textiles, notebooks and cards.
She said: “I love being creative and I love sharing my creativity with others. I do quite a lot of workshops – it brings me great joy.
You may also want to watch:
“Open Studios is a wonderful opportunity to see a great variety of art throughout the county.”
Anna enjoys combining lino cutting with screen printing and often hand colours her prints.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Hares are a common feature of her work as well as other animals.
The 66-year-old is a retired primary school teacher and has been working as an artist since 2011.
Her work will be on show at her studio in The Walnut House, 3 Station Road, Steeple Morden.
Fellow villager Gina Ferrari will also be opening her studio doors as part of the month-long event. She works mostly with textiles in a range of techniques.