Steaming success for Shepreth loco visit
THE evocative smell of steam and oil once more filled Shepreth station after a flying visit from the Cathedrals Express.
Sunday saw the loco pull into the station on its way from Cambridge to Norwich.
Andrew Fowler, who organised the event, said: “It was amazing, absolutely fantastic.
“One of the best events I have ever organised, I would say there were hundreds of people there.
He added: “I had lots of people come up to me afterwards and say are you doing it again - it’s going to happen again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Cathedral Express was hauled by Britannia and stopped back at the station in the evening to collect water, and passengers departed from the station to Cambridge via a bus.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks