Steaming success for Shepreth loco visit
THE evocative smell of steam and oil once more filled Shepreth station after a flying visit from the Cathedrals Express.
Sunday saw the loco pull into the station on its way from Cambridge to Norwich.
Andrew Fowler, who organised the event, said: “It was amazing, absolutely fantastic.
“One of the best events I have ever organised, I would say there were hundreds of people there.
He added: “I had lots of people come up to me afterwards and say are you doing it again - it’s going to happen again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Cathedral Express was hauled by Britannia and stopped back at the station in the evening to collect water, and passengers departed from the station to Cambridge via a bus.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange