Steaming success for Shepreth loco visit
THE evocative smell of steam and oil once more filled Shepreth station after a flying visit from the Cathedrals Express.
Sunday saw the loco pull into the station on its way from Cambridge to Norwich.
Andrew Fowler, who organised the event, said: “It was amazing, absolutely fantastic.
“One of the best events I have ever organised, I would say there were hundreds of people there.
He added: “I had lots of people come up to me afterwards and say are you doing it again - it’s going to happen again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Cathedral Express was hauled by Britannia and stopped back at the station in the evening to collect water, and passengers departed from the station to Cambridge via a bus.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk