Station homes scheme rethink
A DERELICT former railway station in Buntingford will not be redeveloped – for the time being. A scheme submitted by Portugal-based Foxbay has been withdrawn after planning officers at East Herts District Council had recommended rejecting the project. The
A DERELICT former railway station in Buntingford will not be redeveloped - for the time being.
A scheme submitted by Portugal-based Foxbay has been withdrawn after planning officers at East Herts District Council had recommended rejecting the project.
The scheme involved building 24 homes in Aspenden Road.
The proposal included converting the old station house into three homes, and demolishing two industrial buildings next to the Railway Inn pub to make way for two blocks of flats.
You may also want to watch:
A planning report said the scheme was "over-development".
Planning officers said the scheme would have been detrimental to the character and appearance of adjoining developments, and would overlook residents in adjoining properties.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Architect Ian Knowles, of Sharman Knowles, in Royston, said: "We are going to submit another application in the near future.
"It's going to have slightly less units with improved access to the site.
"A lot of problems that planning officers were concerned with have been overcome.