Stars set to open Ashwell Music Festival
ONE of the leading groups in authentic swing music will be opening this year s Ashwell Music Festival. As hundreds of people descend on the village for the 55th festival, from May 17-25, The Pasadena Roof Orchestra will kick things off. The 11 musicians
ONE of the leading groups in authentic swing music will be opening this year's Ashwell Music Festival.
As hundreds of people descend on the village for the 55th festival, from May 17-25, The Pasadena Roof Orchestra will kick things off.
The 11 musicians who make up the internationally renowned group, have accompanied artists such as Robbie Williams and Bryan Ferry.
Christine Schofield, one of the organisers, said: "It is rare for such huge talent to arrive in a small village when they can command full houses in concert halls, not only in the UK, but internationally.
You may also want to watch:
"We know that there are many people in the surrounding area who would love to come to local concerts showcasing such exciting musicians."
The Young Musicians of Ashwell Primary School, Knights Templar School and Ashwell Church Junior Choir will be showcasing their musical talent.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
There will also be performances from The Vivace Choir, and Iranian-born classical guitarist Lily Afshar.
For the second year there will be a folk night at the Bushel and Strike pub, and songs from the shows will be performed by Ashwell Stage School.
And ABBA tribute band Arrival will give a live show with authentic costumes and song and dance routines on the final Saturday.
And as always, the week will finish with the Choir of St Mary's Church on the final Sunday.
Tickets for the 2008 Ashwell Music Festival cost £15 per concert and £5 for under 16s.
For more information visit www.ashwellmusicfestival.org.uk.