Star performance from county council
FOR the fifth year running Herts County Council is among the highest performing local authorities in the country. It has once again been awarded a top four-star rating from the Audit Commission which has judged it to be improving well . Council leader
FOR the fifth year running Herts County Council is among the highest performing local authorities in the country.
It has once again been awarded a top four-star rating from the Audit Commission which has judged it to be "improving well".
Council leader David Beatty said he was delighted with the recognition for the local authority.
"It's important that residents know we are working well and that our staff can be proud of working for a good organisation," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Our vision is to make Herts an even better place to live and work and the Audit Commission has given strong endorsement of our ability as a council to do this."
The report showed that the county's environment department - the department responsible for highways, waste disposal and road safety - has moved from last year's "performing adequately" to "performing well".
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
In its summary of the county council's achievements, the Commission said: "The council has made improvements in most key services.
The commission said the county council provided good value for money which had been achieved through more efficient management processes.