Star performance from county council
FOR the fifth year running Herts County Council is among the highest performing local authorities in the country. It has once again been awarded a top four-star rating from the Audit Commission which has judged it to be improving well . Council leader
FOR the fifth year running Herts County Council is among the highest performing local authorities in the country.
It has once again been awarded a top four-star rating from the Audit Commission which has judged it to be "improving well".
Council leader David Beatty said he was delighted with the recognition for the local authority.
"It's important that residents know we are working well and that our staff can be proud of working for a good organisation," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Our vision is to make Herts an even better place to live and work and the Audit Commission has given strong endorsement of our ability as a council to do this."
The report showed that the county's environment department - the department responsible for highways, waste disposal and road safety - has moved from last year's "performing adequately" to "performing well".
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
In its summary of the county council's achievements, the Commission said: "The council has made improvements in most key services.
The commission said the county council provided good value for money which had been achieved through more efficient management processes.