Stansted come out on top of 10-goal thriller
Stansted Juniors 6 Fairlands Youth Whites 4 Under-13s League Cup THIS early morning game turned out to be a very entertaining game for all those who watched. The game began slowly with both teams sparring and it was the visitors who drew first blood when
Stansted Juniors 6 Fairlands Youth Whites 4
Under-13s League Cup
THIS early morning game turned out to be a very entertaining game for all those who watched.
The game began slowly with both teams sparring and it was the visitors who drew first blood when a cross bounced over Stansted 'keeper for Taylor Bennett to head into an empty net.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after Stansted replied to make it 1-1 but this was short-lived as Connor Malins' cross also bounced over the 'keeper's head to put his team back into the lead.
With the clock running down towards half time Fairlands were penalised for a push in the box and the Stansted striker put the ball away to draw his team level at the break.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
The second half began with something of a rout as Stansted dominated and put away four goals within a 20 minute period.
Fairland stole a goal back through Malins once again as his 20-yard strike made it 6-3 and this goal seemed to motivate his side who began to pile on the pressure.
Players were bombing forward and Lee Hawes, Taylor Bennett, Max Homewood and James Fernley all had attempts on goal but it was Daniel Keegan who was the only player to find the back of the net after he received the ball 14 yards from goal, opened up his body and slotted the ball in the bottom right corner.
Unfortunately it was too little too late but both teams gave it their all and provided parents and other spectators with an exciting game of football.